Every startup needs creativity, fresh ideas, determination, and drive. But company founders also face a multitude of challenges, from red tape and legal questions to economic and strategic considerations.
We can advise your startup on all relevant aspects of strategy, tax, law, and finance. Thanks to our interdisciplinary approach, you’ll benefit from our corporate and tax lawyers working closely with experts in antitrust law, labor and employment law, real estate law and business valuation. Our experts are on hand to provide comprehensive advice at all stages of your startup’s lifecycle – from formation, financing and business management to restructuring, mergers and exit transactions. Minimizing your risks and optimizing your business model is the key to making sure your ideas reach the market quickly and securely.
Through our foundersbox initiative, we support startups and investors with expertise, sample documents, and regular updates on important issues.
Our expertise at a glance:
- Support with developing the business model
- Identifying the right corporate form
- Preparing the business plan
- Articles of association
- Labor and employment law
- Registering patents, trademarks and industrial property rights
- Legal/tax due diligence
- Legal and tax structuring of funds
- Investment agreements, venture capital
- Identifying financing opportunities and support in financing rounds
- Tax optimization of financing
- Management/employee participation plans
- Advice on growth financing (venture capital and business angel investments)
- Data privacy and the General Data Protection Regulation
- Ongoing tax advice including VAT returns, payroll tax and annual financial statements
- Preparing the relevant tax returns
- Tax and legal compliance
- Minimizing liability risks
- Advice on capital increase and exclusion/compensation of shareholders
- Restructurings, mergers, joint ventures
- Drafting and negotiating SPAs
- Company sales
- Investors: Trade sales, SPACs, IPOs, continuation funds / Advice on buy-outs
- Asset protection: inheritance law and family law
In their regular podcast, Dr. Tobias Keller and Kevin Schümmer chat to guests from the start-up scene about their experiences.
Practical information and tools for start-ups and investors.