Buying and selling real estate raises a multitude of legal and tax issues. Flick Gocke Schaumburg’s interdisciplinary real estate teams consist of experienced lawyers and tax advisors who offer a comprehensive range of advice on these matters.
Our specialists advise clients on single and portfolio transactions with all types of real estate in domestic and cross-border contexts. We provide comprehensive advice that takes both legal and tax aspects into account. That way, we ensure that each transaction is structured in the client’s best interests.
Our experts support buyers and sellers throughout the real estate transaction process, whether by way of a share deal or an asset deal. We’re on hand to assist at every stage, from planning and structuring the transaction through to due diligence for buyers and sellers, drafting and negotiating the sale and purchase agreement, and monitoring during the post-closing phase.
Our expertise at a glance
- Legal due diligence
- Preparing legal fact books
- Drafting and negotiating letters of intent
- Drafting and negotiating purchase agreements (share deal or asset deal)
- Warranty and indemnity insurance
- Determining the acquisition structure and foundation of real estate companies
- Preparing and supporting notarization
- Closing and post-closing
- Tax due diligence
- Preparing tax fact books
- Tax structuring both domestically and internationally
- Preparing and negotiating the tax provisions of purchase agreements (share deal or asset deal)
- Legal and tax advisors work closely together
- Comprehensive consideration of tax aspects in legal advice/structuring and vice versa (for example, in separating operating equipment in commercial leases)