Our multidisciplinary team of experts provides comprehensive advice to companies, high-net-worth individuals and institutions from Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg on all legal and tax issues relating to their activities in Germany and beyond.
We focus on:
- Taxation of corporate groups
- International tax law
- Transfer pricing
- Inheritance and gift tax
- Real estate law and real estate tax law
- Corporate and group law including insolvency law
We support our clients not only in projects, but also in strategic planning and day-to-day business. Our interdisciplinary teams of lawyers, tax advisors and auditors work together closely to identify comprehensive solutions with and for our clients.
We enjoy long-standing and close cooperation with leading law firms and advisors in Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg. When it comes to complex cross-border issues, we work with these partners to ensure that our clients receive all-round advice from leading specialists from a single source.
Our successful international cooperation rests on our in-depth knowledge of both the legal and cultural frameworks in the Benelux countries. A number of our advisors have professional experience of working in Belgium, the Netherlands or Luxembourg, giving them particular expertise in local conditions.
We are also actively involved in academic and public dialogue on current legal developments. We regularly publish articles and hold presentations in the cross-border context with Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg.
- Tax planning for entry into foreign markets and business development abroad
- Financing of international subsidiaries
- Designing transfer pricing systems for expansions from Germany into the Benelux region and vice versa
- Sale and purchase of real estate, including within corporate groups
- Analysis and tax assessment of matters in all areas of German and international tax law
- Coordinating with the tax authorities, obtaining binding rulings
- Assisting with tax audits
- Designing and implementing cross-border conversions and restructurings (e.g. transfers of functions)
- Conducting mutual agreement procedures and advance agreement procedures
- Applying for withholding tax refunds and exemptions
- Tax due diligence
- Drafting and negotiating sale and purchase agreements
- Tax structuring with domestic and international touchpoints
- Post-M&A integration, including cross-border mergers and changes to intragroup supply and service relationships
- Tax and legal analyses
- Obtaining binding rulings from the tax authorities
- Tax and legal support and contract documentation
- Drafting contracts for restructuring processes