Originally focusing on labor and employment aspects of corporate reorganizations and M&A transactions, our team now covers the full spectrum of labor and employment law and social security law. We act mainly on behalf of employers and executives.
Our experts provide planning and strategic advice on labor and employment matters, for example in plant closures and compliance investigations. In addition to assisting on all legal questions of operational business, we represent our clients in disputes before all courts of law and before arbitration committees.
Social security law
Our expertise in social security law covers all areas relevant to businesses and is closely connected to tax law. It’s where these disciplines meet that our clients benefit significantly from our specialization. In downsizing programs, for example, we not only offer advice on labor and employment matters, but also directly consider the social security aspects and options for optimization. We have also created our own digital tools for companies and affected employees to calculate retirement packages optimized under tax and social-security law. We work with clients not only on day-to-day business matters and projects, but also in connection with tax audits. That’s where our expertise in social security law comes into play.
Our expertise at a glance
- Labor and employment law advice, in particular on corporate reorganizations
- Labor and employment law in transactions
- Collective bargaining law and works constitution law
- Corporate codetermination
- Matters relating to boards of management and company directors
- Management counselling
- Compensation schemes, management/employee buy-outs and buy-ins
- Compliance under labor and employment law
- Company pension schemes
- Employee data privacy
- Representing clients before courts and arbitration committees
- Support in social security audits
- Advising on special aspects of social security law, e.g. pseudo-self-employment and illegal secondment, short-time work
- Assistance with appeals and complaint proceedings
- Determination of social security status
- Legal advisory on tax and social security in relation to downsizing programs
Brochure on labor and employment law
Our specialist advice on downsizing programs
Der Arbeitsrecht Podcast: Otto Schmidt Powered by Flick Gocke Schaumburg
“Spotlight on labor and employment law” – we regularly host seminars. Sign up to our mailing list here (click next to “Labor and employment law, and social security law”).
German government report on the effectiveness of the Transparency in Wage Structures Act, BMFSFJ, 2019
Co-authors of the evaluation report: Dr. Tobias Nießen, Dr. Ursula Neuhoff
The Trennungsmanager (separation manager) app offers checklists and odds calculators for an amicable separation