Ailing companies present great challenges for their directors, shareholders, creditors and employees at many levels. Our restructuring and insolvency specialists identify the legal and business-management needs for action; they create tailor-made restructuring solutions and insolvency plans, and assist our clients in putting these solutions into practice.
We regularly assist insolvency administrators, and strategic and financial investors in addition to affected companies, creditors and contractual parties of the company facing the crisis. We have expertise in insolvency tax law, on which we advise companies not only in crisis, but also as insolvency administrators.
Depending on the starting point and the specific need for action, our teams consist of specialists in insolvency law, corporate law/M&A, tax law, labor/employment law and litigation. Our public auditors have long-standing experience of preparing and reviewing restructuring and insolvency plans. Our restructuring and insolvency clients also benefit greatly from Flick Gocke Schaumburg’s established interdisciplinary approach.
Our Expertise in Corporate Reorganization and Insolvency includes:
- Business restructuring and out-of-court restructuring
- Advice on questions of restructuring and insolvency law
- Advice for board members in crises and assistance with self-administration
- Advice for insolvency administrators and debtors on preparing insolvency plans
- Advice for investors, banks and companies in insolvency proceedings
- Purchase and sale of companies from insolvency estates or in crises
- Debt-equity swaps and other restructuring measures
- Insolvency law
- Advice on cross-border insolvency