Our interdisciplinary teams of corporate lawyers and tax lawyers advise both investors and companies seeking capital at every stage of their private-equity transactions – from legal and tax structuring to negotiating acquisitions and share purchases, financing, designing profit-sharing plans, and exit strategies.
Our focus in venture capital is on cross-border M&A transactions. In this area, we regularly collaborate with renowned Silicon Valley firms. Our venture-capital experts assist founders and investors alike, especially from the software and internet sectors. Many clients in the venture-capital segment engage us as deal counsel from the initial investment to the financing and exit.
We offer the following Private-Equity and Venture-Capital Services:
- Structuring of venture-capital and private-equity funds and advice for investors on their shares in such funds
- Advice on corporate-law and tax-law implications of private-equity transactions, especially in the mid-cap segment
- Transaction management and documentation
- Legal and tax due diligence
- Growth financing (venture capital and business-angel investments)
- Employee and management buyouts and buy-ins (LBOs, MBOs and MBIs)
- Mezzanine financing and investments
- Exits: trade sale, secondary buyouts, mergers and public offerings